Storylines is a collaborative storytelling project by Women’s Health Loddon Mallee and Women’s Health Goulburn North East.
Sexual and reproductive health is linked to many aspects of health and wellbeing and is important at every life stage. The relationship we have with our bodies and our own sexual and reproductive health can affect our emotional, mental and physical health, our relationships with others, how we express love and affection and the decisions we might make around fertility and the choice of childbearing.
Access to safe and appropriate sexual and reproductive health information and services is a human right, however many women in our regions continue to face multiple barriers to appropriate sexual and reproductive health care.
The Storylines project invites women to share their experiences of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) to help us build a picture of how we can improve the quality, access, and type of health support for women provided across the Loddon Mallee and Goulburn North East regions.
How can I be involved?
Visit the Storylines website to find out more about contributing your story.
There are many ways that you can share your experiences including through various ways including through focus groups, interviews and written blurbs submitted directly to the Storylines website
Sexual and reproductive health is a broad and complex topic so there is much that can be written about! We want to know all about your experience, both positive and negative. In other words, what is working well and what isn’t.
Stories may be related to:
- sexually transmitted infections or blood-borne viruses (STIs)
- stage of life events such as puberty, menopause & perimenopause
- conditions including polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis (Endo)
- pregnancy choices support including termination of pregnancy options
- Childbirth (including birth trauma)
- prenatal and postnatal support
- cancer screening (breast/cervical/bowel etc.)
- other issues affecting a women’s health and access to information and services
We will always treat your experiences with understanding, respect, kindness, and confidentiality.
Find the Storylines: Her Voice Matters stories contributed so far here