Gender equality and respect training provides an understanding of gender equity terminology and concepts, rationale for a gender equitable community as well as the link between gender inequality and family violence.
Participants will leave the workshop with the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply a gender lens and to understand their role in creating a gender equitable society, benefiting both men and women.
Topics covered will include:
- Setting the context for Victoria
- The link between gender inequality and family violence
- Approaches to prevention of family violence
- Rationale for achieving gender equality
- Organisational gender equality
- Your role in progressing equality for all
The goals of our interactive workshops include:
- Increase participants’ understanding of gender and how it impacts one’s own and other’s experiences
- Increase participants’ knowledge of how gender is related to power and privilege
- Increase participants’ awareness of unconscious bias and the universal nature of gender bias