Bystander is a whole of organisation program that promotes gender equality and empowers participants with the tools to challenge attitudes, beliefs and behaviours that sustain gender based violence.
Bystander recognises the significant influence of workplaces over social norms, organisational practices and institutional structures that can drive change.
- The importance of leadership in preventing violence and promoting gender equality.
- How to be an active bystander.
- How your organisation/club can be safe and inclusive for women and girls.
- The link between violence against women and gender inequality.
The goals of our interactive workshops include:
- Increase participants’ awareness of the benefits of gender equality
- Increased participants’ willingness to advocate for gender equality and provide them with tools to call out behaviours/attitudes that perpetuate gender inequality
The workshop will conclude with a discussion of ways to call out behaviors/attitudes that don’t support gender equality. The Bystander program is tailored to suit your organisation’s needs.