Senior Gender Equity Training Officer (0.6-0.8 FTE, flexible)
WHLM is a proud member of the Action for Gender Equity Partnership (AGEP). The Partnership is a network of gender experts providing gender equality services to organisations across Victoria. Through the Partnership, WHLM provides consultancy and training on gender equality and prevention of violence against women in the workplace, with a particular focus on intersectionality and issues impacting women and girls from the Loddon Mallee region.
This role objective is to build the capacity of stakeholders through WHLM training activities and play a leadership role in the development and delivery of AGEP related activities (training, workshops, consultancy).
This role will work with management, to lead the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and initiatives to advance gender equity that are based on a sound evidence, best practice and in line with the WHLM strategic plan.
Excellent project management, organisational and time management skills, are vital as well as a proactive approach to work with an ability to prioritise your tasks to support a busy organisation.
The Senior Gender Equity Training Officer will:
- Develop, tailor, deliver and evaluate AGEP training and capacity building programs to key stakeholders including the public, not-for-profit and private sectors in the Loddon Mallee.
- Collaborate with WHLM staff and Action for Gender Equality partners to provide training and capacity building activities to stakeholders.
- Participate in the promotion, development, and delivery of WHLM Training Programs.
- Assist with undertaking active and meaningful stakeholder engagement, and community development initiatives, as required
- Utilise and apply knowledge on gender equity, women’s health and health promotion relating to core theories, principles and evidence-based practice to work undertaken, including social determinants of health and gendered frameworks.
- Contribute to planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of objectives and strategies outlined in WHLM Strategic Plan including the goals of the WHLM integrated health promotion plan
- Contribute to planning and reporting requirements of funders including the Victorian State Government
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, group and public communication skills as well as effective written and oral communication
- Develop and maintain effective networks and relationships with key stakeholders, organisations, and target group representatives and facilitate collaborative action
- Contribute to the development of resources and tools, using an evidence- based approach to enhance translation of theory into practice
We are looking for someone with:
- A commitment to WHLM’s vision, mission, and values, including an understanding of, and commitment to, intersectional feminism, gender equity and women’s health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent facilitation and training skills including development and delivery of relevant material and evaluation of outcomes
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Demonstrated capacity to work creatively and effectively within a team environment
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills including computer literacy
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with key stakeholders
What We Can Offer You:
- A generous not-for-profit salary packaging program.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing outcomes for women of the Loddon Mallee region.
- That you understand your personal values and that they align with WHLM purpose and values.
- A flexible and supportive workplace.
For a full position description, please see HERE.
For more information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Tricia Currie (Chief Executive Officer) via email@example.com, using the subject line: Health Promotion Manager enquiry.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks, Working with Children Check, and a National Police Check.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you provide the following in your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Responses to the Key Selection Criteria